Compliance services

The Huntley Group is available to consult with the promoters and operators of projects on structural and administrative services. We can provide professional advice on compliance and governance matters for projects and assist with the provision of compliance officers and compliance committee members.

We are happy to answer more questions so please contact us for more information.

What is an AFS licence?

An Australian Financial Services (AFS) Licence is required to conduct a financial services business in Australia. It is issued by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) and is a requirement of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).

Who should have an AFS licence?

Any business that carries on a financial services business in Australia is required to hold an AFS Licence unless an exception applies. You may require an AFS Licence if your business:

  • Provides advice to clients about financial products.
  • Deals in a financial product.
  • Creates a market for a financial product.
  • Operates a registered scheme.
  • Provides custodian or depository services.
  • Provides traditional trustee services.

By law, a responsible entity is required to hold an AFS Licence.

If you have any questions or would like to know more about our services please contact us.