Huntley Custodians Limited (HCL), which is part of the Huntley Group, has extensive experience acting as a custodian for a variety of projects including property, finance, resource and agribusiness that hold tier-$500,000 assets.
Responsible entities may choose to appoint a custodian to separately hold the scheme’s assets.
What is a custodian?
A custodian holds a scheme’s assets as agent for the RE keeping them separate from its own assets and the assets of other trusts.
What is the role of a custodian?
The custodian’s role is to holds title to the scheme’s assets and its activities may include:
- maintaining bank accounts.
- making payments as required by the client.
- issuing cash movement, compliance and audit reports.
- executing contracts for the sale and purchase of assets .
Who would typically seek the services of a custodian?
A custodian would typically be sought by:
- Promoters or investment managers wishing to establish a managed investment scheme in Australia.
- An RE wanting to appoint or replace their existing custodian.
What are the benefits of engaging the services of a custodian?
Engaging a custodian, such as HCL being part of The Huntley Group, provides the following benefits:
- A custodian holding the assets allows the RE and/or trust manager to focus on managing the fund.
- As a custodian, we will hold title to the schemes assets.
- Appointing a custodian can promote investor confidence.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about our services, please contact us.